As a guest at the pre- and post-wedding events and, of course, at the wedding celebrations, it was like being in a fairy tale. The African bush, the wide blue African sky, the African animals and birds and people, the happy couple, the supportive and delighted families, the enthusiastic guests (there were a lot of Australians and you know they can party!), the perfect weather, the delicious and copious food, the surprise game drive on the evening before the wedding - it was an experience of a lifetime.
The bride is the daughter of my special friend, Wilna Wilkinson, who:
- lives at Chateau Lalinde in the south of France, where she provides accommodation for visitors from all over the world. Go to her website at http://chateaulalinde.com/
- did the most amazing pilgrimage of 800 kilometres in February 2008, when she walked the Camino de Santiago de Compostela Pilgrimage - Way of St. James. Go to the website http://www.caminodesantiago.me.uk/
- has written a blog about the whole experience. Go to her blog at http://thewayofstarsandstones.blogspot.com
- dedicated her pilgrimage to her friend (that's me!)
- wrote a book about the experience which has been published by Jacana in South Africa. It is called "The Way of Stars and Stones - Thoughts on a Pilgrimage". She has also dedicated the book to me and has donated all proceeds from the sale to cancer research in Australia.
Anyway, she is the mother-of-the-bride of the African Bush Wedding! I have copies of the book if you would like to read it.