Thursday, April 29, 2010

Life wasn't meant to be easy!

I'm not sure if it was Malcolm Fraser who coined this phrase which has since become almost a cliche - but whoever it was - it sure is true - moreso for some than for others.

And at the moment, it applies to me!

A persistent pain in my left side sent me to doctors who pushed me around with all sorts of diagnoses that I wasn't satisfied with. Eventually the oncologist, who had given me an "all clear" only a month ago, decided I should have a definitive PET scan (which identifies cancerous lesions)

And it did - identify an agressive one in my abdomen on the left side and 3 small ones on the chest wall - also on the left side.

so....... off to the surgeon to discuss having it surgically removed - that's next Wednesday

and off for a digital mammogram to see if I also have a new primary breast cancer - that's next Monday

.................watch this space!

2 comments:

Bronwyn Ritchie said...

Thank you so much for keeping this blog updated, Terrie! You wouldn't be a direct descendent of Job would you? :) Anyway sending you lots of love. And hugs and prayers and thoughts and faith for whatever you have to do. Best wishes,

Bronwyn

Unknown said...

Hullo Terrie.. Good luck monday...will be thinking of you and sending lots of good wishes!...love your blog..so interesting..walked about 3 metres of the compostella when I was in France! love Joan