Monday, August 6, 2012

A quick photo trip now that I can add pics

Nikki has helped me find a way to add photos to my blog using the iPad, so here you go.....


This is a pic of the suitcase full of the drugs I had to leave home with. Amazingly no country, at any airport entry, questioned me about the amount of drugs I was carrying.




In Hamburg at the Rathaus (Town Hall) which, according to my guide, has more rooms than Buckingham Palace.




Still in Hamburg. This is the view from the kitchen window at the back of the apartment where we were staying. Very pleasant. Right outside the front door was the option of a punnet of fresh strawberries or a delicious ice cream - or both of course.




So many Smart cars in Hamburg, and their drivers use a very innovative way to park!




Sue and I were on a walking tour that was in German only. Towards the end we had had enough, so sneaked away for tea and cake in a rose-covered courtyard.



And now I'm in Lalinde, France, with Wilna. This is the view from my room in the chateau.




And a view looking the other way.





My friend, Wilna, as we arrive at a nearby village to view their 14July celebrations. The blue and white paper flowers are made by the people who live in the village during the winter months in preparation for this summer celebration.

We actually drove on to Bergerac for their fireworks and had pizza while we watched them.



Lalinde village square with locals and visitors enjoying the sun and coffee.




Wilna at the front door of the chateau on the day I was leaving. She drove me to Bordeaux to catch the train to Paris.


And she took one of me at the same time!




On our way to Bordeaux we stopped for lunch at the beautiful and ancient St. Emillion.

And now I am in Atlanta, Georgia with Nikki and Sam, Zeke and Willow staying in their great bog new house in Roswell. A considerable dent has been made in the drugs bag, but there are still 7 weeks to go!

One night last week I fell in the bathroom and banged my right side against the side of the bath. Had to call Nikki to help get me up and wasn't too sure what damage I had done. Being on pain killers has its advantages and disadvantages. However it's now almost a week since it happened, and although I have been very stiff and it's been difficult to move from one position to another, today I'm not feeling so stiff, the sore spots are still there but it's obviously getting better.

As the family moved into the house on the same day I arrived, there have been lots of boxes all over the house, lots of unpacking and still lots more to be done.

The children start school next week and Nikki has been flat out getting all documentation and medical records sorted so that everything is correct and they will be allowed in the front door on day 1. This week there are some familiarization sessions including a test run on the school bus. There is a school bus stop just a few houses from here and they need to be there by 7am, so it's an early start. Never mind, like most kids they are up early very day!

The house in Georgia.




Right now it's 1.40pm on Monday 6 August and we are about to take the children to the local library.

Location:I'm in Atlanta, Georgia now

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Delighted to receive your pictures,
showing adventurous happenings.
You seem to alternate between fortunate and unfortunate happenings, but being with Nikki and family must be scrumptious!
Sending good wishes that you keep enjoying your travels.
Continuing love from Jan.