Thursday, August 12, 2010

What was that I said about a neverending story?

Home from the warm, relaxing environment of Cairns to very-cold Wollongong. And apart from a delightful day out to lunch at The Queens Club in Sydney with my SCEGGS Gleniffer Brae friends



it's back on the medical merry-go-round.

A visit to the Chinese herbalist yesterday, confirmed that my system is OK and that he will support me through the radiotherapy with acupuncture and a change in the herbal regime when the time comes.

Then today I went to see the radiotherapist at Wollongong Hospital, fully expecting to be told that radiotherapy was unavoidable, despite its risks and side effects, as I had been led to believe by the call from the oncologist two weeks ago.

HOWEVER

...the local pathology team has examined the material from the surgery and finds a different outcome from that of the post-surgery pathology team. They are currently consulting with each other and I will be informed about whether it's 'on' or 'off' in a week or so.

If it's on it will be 5 days/week for 28 treatments.

The radiotherapist was very informative, and very tolerant and understanding of my apprehension and my endless questions. He encouraged me to keep asking - and I will.

In the meantime I need to try not to worry :)

Terrie 7pm Thursday

No comments: