Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Dr Chen says "all good"

Today I've been to see Dr Chen , Chinese herbalist, who tells me he is pleased with my status. He takes my pulse and looks at the colour of my tongue - and from that he can tell how I am and what acupuncture treatment he gives me on that occasion.

I had a discussion with him about my diet and he is still advocating eating lots of kiwi fruit, lots of sweet potato and lots of cooked tomoatoes. This I already do.

Since my last entry I've enjoyed seeing the Royal New Zealand Ballet performance of Romeo and Juliet. It was a very modern interpretation with today's costuming including stiletto heels, short skirts and sun glasses for the girls. The dancers' bodies and arms and legs are so athletic and yet so they are so light and dainty. There were three 20 minute acts, and they seemed to fly by. Marvellous.

Also spent an interesting day at a Professional Development seminar for marriage celebrants. There is controversy here at the moment about some celebrants not including all the legal wording required to make the wedding actually legal. The discussion at the PD day confirmed that my ceremonies have all included the required legal wording - as I knew they did. I can't understand why guilty celebrants don't include them. They are not onerous for either the celebrant or the couple.

In the past week I have also resumed my regular Saturday and Tuesday early morning walks with friends. I can't go the whole distance yet, but it's great to have started back into some of my regular activities. Early morning rises will take some getting used to again. I've got into the habit of late nights and late mornings. it will be a long, slow haul to turn the body clock.

So, it's 9.15pm now. Perhaps I should turn in now :)

4 comments:

Mollie said...

wonderful to have your great health news, you are an inspiration and should write a book or at least get on the motivational speaker's circuit.Make that your next challenge.

Anonymous said...

Hey there just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren't loading properly. I'm not sure why but I think its a
linking issue. I've tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the same outcome.

Also visit my blog post :: Saffron X Diet

Anonymous said...

Marvelous, what a web site it is! This blog gives valuable information to us, keep it up.



buy raspberry ketone

Anonymous said...

Simply wish to say your article is as surprising. The clarity in
your post is just great and i could assume you are an
expert on this subject. Well with your permission
let me to grab your feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post.

Thanks a million and please carry on the rewarding work.



turbo force reviews