Today's visit to the surgeon was MOSTLTY positive. He said:
- the pathoplogy confirmed that it was a secondary growth from the original colon cancer
- he got it all and there were no signs of cancer in any of the samples taken from around the site
- he had a good look and he couldn't see anything else nasty in there
- he didn't disturb the liver, so that will need to be watched closely (already being done)
- probably won't need to have chemotherapy - but ask the oncologist for his opinion
- may need to have radiotherapy - but ask the radiotherpaist for his opinion
- I need to see him again in 3 months after a CT scan and blood tests
His final words to me were - "There's every possibility that you'll live for a long time". Of course those are words I like to hear and will be doing my darndest to make them a reality.
As I said - MOSTLY positive.
Terrie 4.30pm July 19th