Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Round #5 is over

From the end of the wharf at the Quarantine Station.


Today I had the pump disconnected after the 5th round of chemo. I said in the last entry that I thought that having a reduced dose would make it all more manageable. Well.............. I was wrong. This time I seemd to be more 'depleted' with less energy, more discomfort and, just generally, feeling more pathetic. I've needed to rest much more during this last week. Everyone has commented that I look very healthy - and I like that. I certainly don't want to look like an invalid or a cancer patient.

I discussed this with the nurse today when I was being disconnected and she confirmed that, of course, the poisons accumulate in your body and are bound to have a continuing deteriorating effect. So, I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

Yesterday I went to the Chinese herbal doctor, who is also an acupuncturist. He asked if I was still having the groin pain. When I said I was, he placed needles in different places from before and with heat directed onto the needles on my tummy for 30 minutes. The pain came and went during the session (which was at 1pm Wednesday) but I haven't had any pain since then - and it's now 4.30pm Thursday. So........... looking good :)

So, I'm looking forward to this week "off the pump" - Saturday afternoon I'll be conducting a wedding for the daughter of dear friends. I conducted her sister's wedding in December 2009 and feel very privileged to be asked to officiate at this one too.

2 comments:

RedShoes said...

sending love and courage and positive energy my friend -- lots and lots and lots xxx

Carmen in Pambula said...

G'day Terrie
Have just been on a trip to Central Coast to visit the parentals: check on the daughter and visit the camping and caravan show. In June will head off to Qld to see if our camper works! Drove past Mystery Bay on the way down the coast and decided that another time we'll camp there ourselves. Glad to hear you are going well. Seems like the hopemobile is travelling well...and far!! Keep on keeping on, Love Carmen