Wednesday, March 23, 2011

'Under the pump' again

Wednesdays are 'pump on' and 'pump off' days. So yesterday the pump was reconnected - full of chemotherapy - for the next seven days. During the week free of the pump I felt very well and was able to do all I needed and wanted to do. Of course, there was a nanna nap every day, but that's just as much to do with age as with any treatment!

I had a surf every day (except when I was out of town) and it was blissful. I only need to walk across a park from my place and I am at the beach. The water temperature is still 'Terrie friendly' so it was a highlight of each day.

The weekend was busy with my two weddings. This photo below was taken on my arrival at The Glen at Mt. Keira Scout Camp for Lauren and Tim's wedding. It was a magical setting, a delightful ceremony (even if I do say so myself) and the couple each chose wedding vows written by Dr. Seuss and adapted to their role. They kept their choice secret from each other, so it caused not-a-little amusement for each other and for the guests.

It rained until a few minutes before the ceremony began, so the Plan B arrangements were not needed.


For Saturday's wedding for Olivia and Fernando, however, Plan B had to be adopted early in the morning for a 4.30pm ceremony. It poured raining all day. It was moved to an indoor venue which had a magnificent picture window overlooking the beach - everybody was happy.

Once the weddings were over I was free to have a break away from Wollongong. My friend, Gayle, and I took ourselves off to my Dad's farm, which is near the beautiful town of Young NSW. The aim was to chill out and relax - and we did. Lots of cuppas on the verandah overlooking the home paddock, the racehorses in their paddocks, the neighbouring farms and their crops, the ducks on the dam, the alpacas and their babies, the beautiful Murray Grey and Black Angus cattle. Lots of Scrabble games when it was raining and we were confined to indoors.

The health issue is never far away, but services are everywhere and I was able to have my scheduled blood test in Young and the results were with the chemo clinic in time to establish that white blood cells and platelet levels were healthy enough for the next dose.

So.... here we go again for another week.

Thursday 24 March 9.30am

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are actually a good webmaster. The website loading speed is incredible.
It kind of feels that you're doing any distinctive trick. Also, The contents are masterwork. you have performed a magnificent job on this matter!

Feel free to surf to my weblog; bmi for women chart